Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Speaker's Blog

Hello dear friends and families!
On behalf of the group, I want to say thank you for your prayer, support, and encouragement throughout this trip. My name is Morgan Male and I am one of the Education majors in the group. While we have been in Uganda, several of us have had the opportunity to share our testimonies in the church services. The first week Nate, KaLee, and Joey shared their stories of realizing who God is and that there is a Father in heaven that truly loves them. The second week, Emily, Rachel, and myself shared about becoming new creations through Jesus Christ. This past Sunday we heard from Meghan, Meaghan, Kristie, and Jacqueline, who spoke on the struggles they have faced and that God has kept them close and helped them through.

I want to share with you about how God used my testimony in a service. My story is ugly, humbling, and redemptive. I didn't want to share it, especially not to a group of high school students with our group there as well. I was terrified, and thought that nobody in Uganda could connect with what I've experienced. I was so incredibly wrong. Thankfully with the help of our leaders and some close friends, I found that by sharing my story it opened the door for the high school students to connect to others' stories of pain and restoration to learn from their experiences. Emily led that day and talked about how Joshua had to rely on God before a battle and how he didn't turn to him for the next battle. She related this to how we do not always walk with Christ, but can still be a new creation. Rachel then shared her testimony about when she didn't always walk with God. I shared Ephesians 2 and how we are dead in our transgressions and in my life, I stopped there. I believed that God would never forgive me for what I had done. Thankfully I read on to learn that God's grace is sufficient for all and it is through grace by faith that we have been saved. Nothing that we have done or try to do deters Christ from covering us with his blood. The reverend invited students to come forward if they wanted to accept Christ that day and ten students came forward. We got to talk to several of them after the service, but we are all praying that they truly meant what they said that day and that they will continue to grow in Christ daily.

This was encouraging to see as a group, to have hope that we are making small differences even if we do not see it immediately. Please pray for those ten students and that God will continue to work through us! We will see you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, Meghan! We will continue to uphold the team in prayer, especially that you all would be able to finish strong--in HIS strength. Thank you for your boldness to be vulnerable in sharing your story. I love that our God is a God of Redemption! He is even now using your story redemptively in the lives of others. How cool is that?! To Him be the glory! Stay strong and keep up the good work!! Go JBU Team Uganda! Go God!!

    ReplyDelete