Monday, June 9, 2014

Welcome Home!

     Hi there! My name is Meaghan Ranz, and I am so blessed to be a part of the Family and Human Services part of our team. I have been overwhelmed by how close our team has become these past few weeks! This week we were working in an orphanage called Welcome Home. There are about 65 beautiful children from birth-6 who live there. They are loved and cared for by amazing staff who are dedicated to serving through hard work. 
     I personally loved spending time with a few children in particular. There is a little boy who has severe medical needs that affect his brain which prevents verbal communication, and he is in a full leg cast. I spent a lot of time sitting with him and exchanging songs, noises, and kisses on the cheek. There was also a boy who was brought into the orphanage on our last day. He had cuts all over his ears and face. All I could do was hold him tightly, pray fervently that he would know that he is loved by me, and most importantly, by Jesus Christ. 
     The Lord is good to bring us encouragement, joy and laughter in the best and worst days alike. He is faithful and is teaching us more and more as time goes on! Thank you for your prayer and support. We are so blessed to be a part of the Lord's work here in Uganda, particularly within the orphanages that we work in.

No comments:

Post a Comment